An incredible, connected chess board with a built-in chess instructor that lights up all possible moves according to strength.
Imagine learning how to play chess from the best chess engine in the world. Picture sharpening and fine-tuning from the grandest of chess masters. Envision getting so good you can school your chess-enthusiast neighbor.
ChessUp is your chess coach, analyst and fierce opponent all rolled into one.
ChessUp features a light indicator that lets you know where all your possible moves are and their strength. Smart touch sensors know when you’ve touched and released a piece. Bluetooth 5 connects to your device for inline and on-board gameplay. Stockfish AI is powered by the latest version of Stockfish. Shows you all the possible moves, analyzes your gameplay and automatically matches your level when you play against it. Integrated App is a key tool to analyze your gameplay and understand the strategy behind your moves.
Level up your chess game! ChessUp is a new spin on a traditional game. If you’re a beginner you can start with assistance level 1 and get all the basic down pat. You can also gradually move up assistance levels to improve your skills. It’s possible to compete and match up your chess skills against friends or strangers across the world, across the board, or directly on the board.
Try a game of blitz chess. The timer in the app keeps up on its own, you just worry about moving the pieces and beating your opponent.
ChessUp allows for live training and analysis. In other words, learn as you play.
When you touch a piece, potential moves are highlighted in up to 3 different colors, each representing the quality of the move.
Sharpen your skills by playing against the board’s proprietary AI using adaptive training. As you level up, the computer gets tougher, but so does your built-in AI coach. So you can practice strategy and memorize different scenarios.
Connect with opponents online with instant matchmaking. ChessUp’s app matches you with people in your skill level so every game is fair, fun, and challenging. Or play a ranked game, where the assistance will be disabled.
ChessUp integrates with lichess.org- home to millions of chess players worldwide of all skill levels.
Grab a friend and show off your skills. You can both play with assistance turned on, or leave it off if you really want a challenge.
Challenge a friend to a game of blitz chess without having to worry about dealing with a timer. The ChessUp app recognizes when you’ve put down a piece and automatically ticks the timer for you. You just need to focus on crushing your opponent.
Made a move but don’t fully understand why it was good, bad, or excellent? Press the “learn” button in the app to learn more about your moves and the strategy behind them.
Want to see how a move you make will play out? The “learn” button can tell you that, too.
Choose your assistance level – from beginner to advanced, to master!
- Get your bearings. Get a feel for the board and the way the pieces move. With 2 colors of highlights-hints active, you’ll be able to see all possible moves in green and learn to avoid the red blunders.
- Take it up a notch. Now that you’ve got the basics down, you can start to learn where the mistakes are. 3 colors of highlight-hints are active – red for blunders, blue for mistakes, and green to indicate better choices.
- Build your confidence. Learn to distinguish between good moves and bad moves. 3 colors of highlight-hints are active – red for blunders, blue for mistakes and inaccuracies, and green for good moves.
- Establish proficiency. Learn the difference between a good move and an excellent move. 3 colors of highlight-hints are active – red for blunders and mistakes, blue for inaccuracies and good moves, and green for excellent and best moves.
- Become a master. Identify the best moves on the board and avoid poor moves altogether. 3 colors of highlight-hints are active – red for blunders, mistakes, and inaccuracies, blue for good and excellent moves, and green for the best moves.
In the end, you can turn off the assistance altogether when you feel you can handle it to really show off your chops!