A smart wall switch that unlocks all the possibilities of a smart home.
SmartBug is a sleek and unintrusive device that hides inside your in-wall socket. At the same time, it turns your entire home into a live smart environment. Thanks to its collective “swarm intelligence”, SmartBug lets you design a smart home that fits in with your lifestyle.
SmartBug is a single device, but it is also a collection of devices that can automate complex and engaging scenarios. With a set of SmartBugs, you can regulate the temperature, operate your AC, create an alarm system, monitor your power usage, and much more. Its artificial intelligence learns from your behaviors and discreetly supports you as you go about your day.
Touch, double touch, long press, it’s a single product that can perform many actions, implemented in a matter of minutes.
Each SmartBug device is equipped with many sensors that can measure temperature, humidity, listen to sounds, accurately measure power usage. It is also provided with a multi-radio wireless mesh (internode), WiFi (for Internet connection), and BT low energy (to be extended with additional devices).
There are many reasons to consider SmartBug as a revolutionary solution, better than anything on the market. SmartBug is the product of a group of electronic and computer engineers who wanted to create the definitive solution in home automation. A scalable and enabling wall switch that can unlock all the potential of a smart home in a traditional environment.
SmartBug is equipped with a 32bit dual-core microcontroller, a soft-defined triple standard radio interface (WiFi, wireless mesh, Bluetooth LE), temperature/humidity sensors, a digital microphone, high efficiency LED, an IR (infrared) LED (for remote control emulation), one buzzer, a power meter (real-time current, voltage, and power measurement), one touch-sensitive input. A/C power 85V – 260V AC 50-60Hz (worldwide compatible). Supports power loads up to 2200W, both AC and DC.
All these features are what can truly automate the homes and they wanted to create a product that could have them all integrated.
- Audio Recognition – Thanks to the digital microphone, each SmartBug can recognize voices, commands, and cries for help. Worried about your privacy? This feature will only work if you download the corresponding plugin.
- Bluetooth – To allow a good connection with wireless devices and appliances around the house they equipped SmartBug with Bluetooth 4.0 (BT) and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE).
- Humidity sensor – The humidity sensor is a true life-changer because it can accurately measure the humidity levels in every room where there is a SmartBug installed. Surely, your body will thank you for this.
- Temperature sensor – The temperature sensor inside SmartBug allows users to monitor and control the temperature in every room in which there is a device.
- IR control – Want to pilot or control an older generation device? With SmartBug’s IR transmitter your smartphone can become the remote control for all those devices and appliances that have an IR receiver.
- Touch Sensor – It’s all about the touch! Everything looks so elegant and modern with touch control! This is why SmartBug has a touch sensor.
- RGB LED – Just like the buzzer, you can use the RGB Led to allow communications between user and device. The lights can signal various conditions and you can choose the color and its corresponding meaning.
- On-Off Relay – The on-off relay is what really controls your lights, washing machine, irrigation system, oven, etc.
- Multimeter – To find out and monitor how much voltage a certain device or appliance is consuming, they equipped SmartBug with a multimeter to exactly inform the user of the state of these devices.
- Wireless mesh – What happens when a smart device loses pair with the access point? It usually stops working until someone notices! Not with SmartBug though! Thanks to its mesh network, all devices can create a network enabling one another. Without a signal repeater thus not adding extra worries to the users.
Wall boxes are different within a country so imagine around the world… SmartBug fits in every wall box around the globe without the need to integrate pieces to make it fit. It also has the smallest footprint in the market!
It disappears inside the wall, replacing your existing switch and enabling touch control.
There is no need for Gateways. Each SmartBug node can act as a gateway, thanks to a self-configuring wireless mesh network (internode), WiFi (access point to connect to the internet), and BT (to extend with additional devices: external sensors, audio speakers, etc.).
Also, easily enable Alexa and Google Home: both with physical devices or through the Cloud. It can add unlimited intelligent capabilities to any existing device in your home and of any generation. SmartBug can interact with just about anything with an on/off switch or remote control.
Whether you live alone or have a large family, you want to make the most out of your home. The perfect smart home isn’t only the one that listens to you and accomplishes all the tasks correctly.
Whatever is the way you live your life, your house should always match it, and with SmartBug it will!
You can create your own personalized scenarios: turn all your lights off or deactivate your appliances with one single touch. Keep your power usage under close attention through the app or check on your older generation devices and make them smart!
Protect your home and family.
How many times have you asked yourself, have I closed all my windows? By adding an additional sensor, you can take a quick look at our app and make sure that everything is okay.
Furthermore, the new SmartBug will also be able to notify you when your child is crying or if any relative needs your support.
Do you have any pets? Keep track of their location around the house by adding a BLE Beacon to their collar.
Keep everything under control.
Set the perfect temperature for when you return home or schedule your devices so they turn on in the timeframes that also make you save on the bills.
Humidity and temperature sensors will always be active to monitor the environments where you spend most of your time.
The best for the environment.
Your new SmartBug is green too! Check your power usage, the energy performances of your entire household, and save on your power bills!
The control of your power loads will also allow you to avoid triggering the circuit breaker!
The important thing to mention is the fact that SmartBug is an open platform. The idea of making the technology behind SmartBug an open platform for developers was to give the device maximum flexibility. Therefore, if the app doesn’t have a particular plugin that the user needs and the user is or knows a developer, they can improve the possibilities unleashed by the device by creating the plugin wanted.
Each new plugin that is available adds functionality to the system with a mechanism typical of open innovation.
By doing so, these third-party developers can also make an earning with the sales of the smart plugins they’ve created!
Users will be able to control all their devices and appliances with their smartphones by downloading the app controller. See this as a sort of marketplace or app store: through this app, users will download the smart plugins they want for their homes (for instance, you may want to control your power usage but not your blinds). These smart plugins will not be stored in the cloud but in the device itself.
Once the device is configured through the app and you have downloaded all the plugins of your interest, SmartBug will work anywhere, even without the need for a good WiFi connection or a smartphone.
NO SMARTPHONE NECESSARY.
You’ll only need the smartphone to configure the device and download the plugins you’re interested in. And then you can just forget about it! That’s right because SmartBug stores the plugins in its own memory. Therefore without the need for the Cloud and will recognize your gestures easily, subsequently activating what you want.
All devices inside SmartBug’s ecosystem can interact with one another, coordinating an infinite number of actions: this makes SmartBug a game-changer for the home automation systems, and this infinite extensibility makes it an enabling platform for smart homes and its key for its success.
When intelligent devices can work together, everyone’s a winner.
SmartBug is an enabling technology that brings more comfort, security, and energy efficiency to the user.
It’s a smart ecosystem that changes the standard of home automation innovation and within the boundary of its reach, you can add all your existing devices (old and new). A user-friendly infrastructure that physically replaces in-wall home switches and preserves existing user’s habits (e.g. turn lights on/off), but adds unlimited intelligent capabilities to every appliance in the house.